Saturday, May 15, 2021

Leomie Anderson: ‘I first met Rihanna backstage as a teenager’

The model, 28, talks about working with her heroes, being scouted at McDonald’s, taking responsibility at an early age and not suffering in silence

People have this idea of what it feels like to be a model, but it’s so rare to feel like that bitch. Usually there’s so much to stress about: impressing the client; why have I not been paid for three months? Still, in those moments, where everything clicks, you feel free. There’s this unmatched energy, doing what you were born to do.

Rubbing an entire tub of Vaseline on my face is my first memory. I’ve always loved using whatever tools I can find to shape how I look. Mum encouraged all types of creativity, never punishing us for self-expression. My whole childhood felt like a movie, its colours were soft and warm.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3uPAD7b
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment