Friday, July 19, 2024

Sunbeds increase the risk of cancer, whatever TikTok tells you | Sali Hughes on beauty

There are no health benefits to tanning beds: they don’t help you produce vitamin D and are no substitute for proper medical treatments for skin conditions

My response to people telling me they’ve been “for a quick sunbed” is, I imagine, similar to the reaction one might get from Chris Packham for admitting to going on a quick foxhunt. I loathe the things and believe they should be banned here (as they are in Australia, Brazil and Iran).

I assumed commercial sunbeds were becoming déclassé, but a new survey commissioned by tanning brand Vita Liberata for its campaign Not the Way to Glow has shown there’s still a mountain to climb.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/QE9Ccd1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment