Friday, July 19, 2024

Got a fear of shorts? It’s all about choosing the right shirt | Jess Cartner-Morley on fashion

It’s the year of the properly cut trouser – but a pair of smart shorts can carry you through the summer, whatever the setting

Im scared of shorts. They make me nervous. This is clearly a bit silly. I mean, it’s not like they are actually going to bite me on the bum. But then fear is seldom rational. If I see a spider in the sink, it doesn’t help at all to know that it isn’t going to hurt me. And I’m not alone in my borderline shorts-phobia. After all, it is perfectly normal to talk about being brave enough to wear shorts.

This is not just about the brevity of a hemline. Shorts that end halfway up your thighs feels like a more radical choice than a dress that exposes the same amount of leg. Naked dressing has been increasingly normalised – see-through dresses, ab-baring crop tops – but shorts still feel daring in any context outside a holiday.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/t7cTXAr
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment