Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Dressing pretty is over: this is fashion’s ugly decade

Fashion trends have never looked better and worse as sauce stains, bleached eyebrows, combat shorts and stomper boots have a moment

“I’m a messy eater,” admits Isaiah Lat, a 20-year-old student, DJ and stylist from Chicago, “I used to wipe away stains but now I don’t mind a little oil or a little spaghetti on my shorts. I think it’s chic.”

He does not believe that a term has yet been coined for the way he likes to dress. “It’s probably this dystopian, Mad Max, pirate, Steam Punk, mythological vibe,” he says, big on thrift and DIY; he likes skinny jeans, Capri pants and visor-like sunglasses. He doesn’t pile on the pasta sauce before he leaves the house but says he does like his clothes to be “somewhat stained”.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/JW0IYao
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment