Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Jane Horrocks: 'Wearing a tight latex dress felt brave and liberating'

The actor on how Absolutely Fabulous led her to modelling for sustainable label Vin + Omi, and how her children helped her to reinvent her style

This was the second time I’d modelled for Vin + Omi, who designed quite a lot of the costumes I had worn as Bubble in the Absolutely Fabulous film. The costume designer Rebecca Hale, who worked on the film, liked to give new and young designers opportunities – one of the outfits I wore towards the end of the film was a [fashion] student’s graduation dress. As Bubble, my outfits over the years were [inspired by] everything from Teletubbies to the French resistance. Madonna copied the latter recently – people on Twitter were asking who wore it better!

I still have the long sequin dress I wore in the Little Voice film – but I never put it on. The other character I’ve played whose clothes people remember is Nicola in [the 1990 Mike Leigh film] Life Is Sweet. She wore slogan T-shirts and dungarees – and they were very much part of her character. She was very nervous and twitchy, and so she would put her hands in the dungarees and flap them.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3cj5q2y
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment