Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Model Tess Holliday reveals she’s recovering from anorexia

Holliday says she hopes her announcement helps to stop the idea that ‘only very underweight people can have anorexia’

Eating disorder campaigners have hailed a decision by American plus-size model Tess Holliday to announce she is receiving treatment for anorexia, saying that it is helping to stop the idea that “only very underweight people can have anorexia”.

Holliday, who has 2.1 million followers on Instagram and has been featured on the pages of Vogue, recently wrote on Twitter: “I’m anorexic and in recovery … I’m the result of a culture that celebrates thinness and equates that to worth but I get to write my own narrative now. I’m finally able to care for a body that I’ve punished my entire life and I am finally free.”

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3vKA8vc
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment