Friday, May 21, 2021

How to wear a breezy cotton dress | Jess Cartner-Morley

An easy summery day dress and an old favourite pair of sandals are the perfect way to get back into the swing of dressing up

I have barely taken off my coat in front of someone I don’t live with since last summer. Which is a bit bizarre, come to think of it. But life has been so strange in so many ways for so long now that stuff like that happens and we barely notice.

Going for a walk replaced going for a coffee or a drink all winter long, so I had a coat on. Then outdoor dining came back, which was thrilling, but the weather wasn’t playing ball, so the alfresco-dinner dress code was very much “party at polar base camp”. During a particularly bracing spring, a fluffy, pink faux-sheepskin coat, which in previous years had been what I wore to cheer up grey days in February, became my go-to Friday-night-out look on the rare evenings when I succeeded in scoring a precious restaurant reservation.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3f8LrIs
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment