Friday, March 12, 2021

The time has come to liberate yourself from your puffer jacket and be frivolous again | Jess Cartner-Morley

I am bored of dressing with stoic practicality. My fashion prescription for this week is an impractical coat

I miss frivolity. Does that make me a bad person? Maybe it does in your book. In which case, I’m sorry. But it’s true. I miss life with all its bells and whistles. I am bored with zipping up puffers and layering on neutrals, and dressing with stoic practicality. I miss shoulder-robing and lipgloss and animal print, and going out bare-legged because it looks better.

If you sympathise – even just a tiny bit, secretly – then my fashion prescription for me and for you, this week, is to find the most impractical coat in your wardrobe and wear it on as many occasions as you can get away with. The cardigan coat that is completely useless in the rain? Sky is clear, so perfect. Conceptual “layering pieces” that don’t have sleeves? Ideal with a puff-sleeved jumper. Flimsy dalmatian-print numbers that don’t keep you warm? Hiya!

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3laGv6X
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment