Saturday, March 27, 2021

‘Stripes are my version of a warm bath’: a fashion editor’s hits and misses

My life in clothes, from the game-changing 20p T-shirt I bought in 1997 (hit), to the three-figure, worn-once Miu Miu heels (miss)

I am not a spiritual person. I back away when people start to talk about star signs, and am allergic to phrases such as “self-actualisation” and “personal growth”. But, as someone who works in fashion, I believe in the power of clothes, and that what you wear has a direct connection to how you feel.

Think about that crackle of energy when you zip up a favourite party dress, the release that comes with changing into an old sweatshirt after a long day, the sense of purpose in tying up the laces on running shoes. Or, on the flip side, that Groundhog Day defeated feeling when you pull on track pants for what feels like day 45,939 of lockdown, or the impostor syndrome piqued by stepping into unfamiliar high heels.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3ucaDT5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment