Saturday, March 13, 2021

Christopher Kane: ‘The fashion world needs to change’

The designer, 38, on his Catholic guilt, dark Scottish sense of humour and why we need to find more joy in life

I stopped reading reviews years ago. They are so reductive. I do what I do for myself. I don’t care about anyone else. No one else put me through art college, no one else built my business. It was always just me and my sister Tammy – and that’s how we like it.

Growing up, my aunties were like other mothers. My happiest memories are of us all together. There would be 10 in our house, plus two big boxer dogs. I’d be pouring whiskies and lighting cigarettes for people. We’d fight, scream, laugh. It was chaos, in the best possible way.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3rJxxAf
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment