Saturday, February 20, 2021

The best protective day creams | Sali Hughes

Fenty Skin is so good that I deduct points only for the inclusion of fragrance, which doesn’t bother me but can irritate some

Last month, I mentioned that the new Fenty Skin range appeared promising and that I’d report back. I hadn’t expected to be able to tell you that it’s damn near perfect. Several of the products are refillable – just pop a pod into the outer packaging. And there’s an emphasis on multitasking, easy-to-use formulas, rather than a bandwagon-chasing of all the multi-step, single-ingredient skincare that millennials buy by the dozen.

Fenty Skin is so good that I deduct points only for the inclusion of fragrance, which doesn’t bother me but can irritate some, and will put off many. The standout product is a timely one, as we ready ourselves to emerge from the darkness, blinking. Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer SPF30 (£32, 50ml) is a light, skin-plumping, dewy-finish day lotion that gives good glow while adequately protecting the skin during shortish bursts of sun exposure (always use a dedicated sunscreen product if spending lengthy periods outdoors, whatever the weather). Unusually in the category, it doesn’t sting my eyes, and provides a base for makeup that allows for proper blending without the sunscreen disintegrating or sitting greasily on the skin like some foundation firewall.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3pyetDf
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment