Monday, April 6, 2020

Steven Appleby: ‘Why I felt liberated when I started dressing as a woman’

The author and cartoonist describes his heartfelt sense of freedom when he began to cross-dress openly all the time

I am a man who wears women’s clothes. The first time it happened was in the mid-70s. I’d recently left school and was a couple of months into an art foundation course at Manchester Polytechnic. I found myself on my own for a weekend in the flat I shared with two fellow students. Bored, I started rummaging down the back of the sofa to see what curiosities – or money – I might find. A moment later I pulled out a single stocking, which I immediately put on. Instinctively. Transgressively. It triggered years of guilt, self-disgust and confusion.

So why did I put that stocking on?

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3bT7n5S
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment