Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Celia Imrie: 'I don’t like taking my clothes off – it’s terrible to be remembered for doing that!'

The actor on her favourite Hervé Léger dress, riding a police motorbike and getting naked with Helen Mirren

This is the glorious Hervé Léger bandage dress that I wore to the premiere of The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. It’s elasticated, so it keeps you held in. The scarf is by Issey Miyake – we specifically chose the orange and pink because they are the colours of Rajasthan. I adore colour, and in India you are surrounded by the brightest colours, so the premiere was a marvellous excuse to go mad – I much prefer it to wearing black. I also wore a blue Hervé Léger dress to the New York premiere of the same film, and a bright green one on The Graham Norton Show. You do have to keep upright and breathe in, but they are comfortable.

For the premiere of the first film, I got dressed up for the red carpet and then had to get on the back of a police motorbike to drive across London to the Old Vic theatre, where I put on an overall and slippers for my role in Noises Off. Then I jumped back on the bike and went to the party. Talk about going from the sublime to the ridiculous – it was a great adventure.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2X0Qphx
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment