Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Gok Wan: 'I once wore head-to-toe beige – I looked like a Ford Cortina!'

The TV presenter on his style inspirations, his love of homemade clothes and why fashion shouldn’t be taken too seriously

This was my look for the ITV Gala in 2016. I am wearing a Maison Margiela dinner jacket that I put shoulder pads in, trousers by Zara and boots from Yves Saint Laurent. I have got a Chanel clutch, Marks & Spencer gloves – and I made the scarf on the morning of the gala. I remember thinking it needed something else, but I had no time to go home or go shopping. I was working at This Morning and there was an old dress that had been hanging around for months, so I added some fringing I found in their haberdashery department. I have worn that scarf probably more often than anything else in my wardrobe.

I love stuff that is homemade and has a story behind it way more than buying couture or designer. One of my favourite shirts is from Asos: it is blue flannel and I embroidered loads of words on it – most of them are too rude for me to wear it on TV.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2w0QFBM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment