Monday, August 27, 2018

Iris Apfel: ‘My greatest achievement? Lasting this long’

The fashion icon on flea markets, being the world’s oldest teenager and the scent she and her husband both wore

Born in New York, Apfel, 96, went to art school before working on Women’s Wear Daily. Having co-founded Old World Weavers with her husband in 1950, she became an authority on antique textiles and took on design projects at the White House for nine presidents. In 2005, The Metropolitan Museum of Art staged an exhibition of her clothes and accessories. She has modelled for MAC makeup, and at 91, made the cover of Dazed & Confused magazine. Her new book is Iris Apfel: Accidental Icon.

When were you happiest?
I try to be happy whenever I can. I don’t fret about what’s past and we don’t know if there will be a future, so I make as much as I can out of what’s here now.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2P3CM9Y
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment