Friday, August 24, 2018

How to wear: a floaty white dress | Jess Cartner-Morley

Over this long, hot summer I spotted woman after woman looking cool and composed in floaty white dresses

If I want to write about something for this column, I have to wear it in the accompanying picture. This constrains, inevitably, the gene pool of topics. It’s not that I don’t have any thoughts on swimwear, for instance, it’s just that – well, you get the picture. Or rather, you don’t.

It also means that if I want to talk the talk, I have to walk the walk. Quite literally, across a studio, in front of a shoot team whose facial expressions I have come to analyse the way a poker player learns the tics and tells of the other players in a regular Friday night game. It is instructive, and humbling, and a reminder time and time again that you never know what will work until you actually try it on.

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2MyZeeD
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment