Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Fashion designer Pam Hogg: 'Just don't call me normal'

Her catsuits are worn by Rihanna and Kylie, while her shows feature blood, needles and nudity. We meet Britain’s most provocative designer

We shake hands and seconds later she’s off, gabbling away at 100mph about everything that’s happened to her in the past few days. It’s an excitable story that involves a friend’s wedding, a monster hangover and the opening of her new exhibition in Liverpool. It’s also a little tricky to take in the finer details, firstly because we’ve only just met, and secondly because she’s also attempting to open a bolted fire door so we can sit outside on the metal steps of her studio in east London. But it does provide a glimpse of what Pam Hogg’s life is like: frantic and chaotic, with the potential to crash and burn at any moment.

Perhaps this is why, at the end of every collection the designer makes, her body shuts down and she goes into hibernation. “I plummet,” she says. “For the last one, I worked four straight days and nights in the studio to get it done. Then I didn’t go to the studio for a month. I was broken, I could hardly move. You think, ‘I can’t go through this again.’”

Continue reading...

from Fashion | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2nVC3Mw
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment